skip navigation
Here's how you know US flag signifying that this is a United States Federal Government website

An official website of the United States government

Here's how you know

Dot gov

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.


Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you've safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Registering as a nonconnected PAC

A nonconnected committee must register within 10 days of raising or spending more than $1,000 in contributions or expenditures during a calendar year. Register by filing a Statement of Organization (Form 1) with the FEC. The Statement of Organization collects some basic information, including the nonconnected committee's full name, address and treasurer.

If information disclosed on the Statement of Organization ever changes, the nonconnected committee must report that change within 10 days. Do this by filing an amended Statement of Organization. If the nonconnected committee isn’t an electronic filer, update your Statement of Organization by letter.

The Statement of Organization is available in the following options:

Read step-by-step Form 1 instructions.

Continue learning about this topic