As part of its role administering campaign finance law, the Commission issues regulations, which are published every year in Title 11 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).
This archive contains 11 CFR and other public materials related to regulations.
Changes not included in the 2022 printed edition:
- Price Index Adjustments for Contribution and Expenditure Limitations and Lobbyist Bundling Disclosure Threshold, 88 Fed. Reg. 7088 (February 2, 2023)
Effective date: January 1, 2023
- Civil Monetary Penalties Annual Inflation Adjustments for 2023, 87 Fed. Reg. 80020 (December 29, 2022)
Effective date: December 29, 2022
- Internet Communication Disclaimers and Definition of "Public Communication," 87 Fed. Reg. 77467 (December 19, 2022)
Effective date: March 1, 2023
- Repayment of Candidate Loans, 87 Fed. Reg. 54862 (September 8, 2022)
Effective date: November 30, 2022
- Reporting Independent Expenditures, 87 Fed. Reg. 35863 (June 14, 2022)
Effective date: September 30, 2022
- Price Index Adjustments for Contribution and Expenditure Limitations and Lobbyist Bundling Disclosure Threshold, 87 Fed. Reg. 5822 (February 2, 2022)
Effective date: January 1, 2022
Archive of previous editions of 11 CFR
Use SERs to search completed and ongoing Commission rulemakings. Search for proposed rules, final rules, public comments and hearing testimony. Additionally, submit comments on proposed regulations and other rulemaking documents.
Explanations and Justifications (E&Js)
The Commission writes an E&J whenever it submits to Congress a new regulation or amends an old one. This archive compiles all E&Js written to accompany FEC regulations, from 1975 to present.
The Commission periodically holds public hearings at its headquarters in Washington, DC. These hearings offer interested persons an opportunity to testify concerning proposed regulations and other matters that come before the Commission.
Upcoming hearings and those held within the last several years are listed in reverse chronological order with links to relevant documents.