Commissioner Broussard of Louisiana joined the Commission in 2008 as an attorney in the Enforcement Division of the Office of General Counsel. In 2015, she was assigned on detail as Counsel for Commissioner Steven T. Walther, advising the Commissioner during his tenure as Chair in 2017 and continuing in that role until her own appointment as Commissioner. Commissioner Broussard previously was an Attorney Advisor at the Internal Revenue Service, Office of Professional Responsibility, and Deputy Disciplinary Counsel at the Louisiana Attorney Disciplinary Board. She also worked as a New Orleans Assistant District Attorney, and was appointed in that role to the Violent Offenders Strike Force.
An active member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Commissioner Broussard has focused on making a positive impact on the Northern Virginia community. Commissioner Broussard served as the Second Vice President of the Northern Virginia Alumnae Chapter of the sorority, Chair of its Health Committee, and Co-Chair of its Risk Management Committee. From 2015-2018, Commissioner Broussard led Project Esther, the chapter’s signature community service event dedicated to empowering women and children on their pathways out of homelessness, domestic violence, and sexual assault.
Commissioner Broussard is a proud alumna of two historically black universities (HBCUs), earning her B.A. from Dillard University and her J.D. cum laude from Southern University Law Center. She is the recipient of the NAACP 2015 Juneteenth Celebration Trailblazer Award for Terrebonne Parish in recognition of her achievement as the first African American attorney from Gibson, LA.
Statements and opinions
- Welcoming Remarks of Chair Shana M. Broussard, January 14, 2021 Open Meeting
- Statement on Final Audit of Mississippi Republican Party, April 15, 2021 (PDF)
- MURs 7640 (Fair People for Fair Government) and 7536/7551 (Coalition for a Safe Secure America), May 27, 2021
- MUR 7347, End Citizens United and Deanna Nesburg in her official capacity as treasurer, May 26, 2021
- MUR 7284, AB PAC and Rodell Mollineau in his official capacity as treasurer (f/k/a American Bridge 21st Century) and Correct the Record and Elizabeth Cohen in his official capacity as treasurer, May 18, 2020
- MUR 7395, Heller for Senate and Chrissie Hastie in her official capacity as treasurer, Sen. Dean Heller, and Heller Enterprises, LLC, May, 7, 2021
- MURs 7313, 7319, and 7379, Michael D. Cohen, Donald J. Trump, Donald J. Trump for President and Bradley T. Crate in his official capacity as treasurer, Trump Organization, LLC, Trump Tower Commercial, LLC, Timothy Jost, and Essential Consultants, LLC, May 6, 2021
- MUR 7556/7601, Kansas Democratic Party, March 8, 2021