Commission meetings and hearings
No executive sessions or open meetings were scheduled this week.
The Commission made public one Statement of Reasons. For more information, see the case documents in the Enforcement Query System.
Chair Caroline C. Hunter and Commissioner Matthew S. Petersen issued a Statement of Reasons.
- CREW v. FEC (Case No. 16-0259) On September 12, Intervenor-Defendant Crossroads Grassroots Policy Strategies (Crossroads GPS) filed a Reply to Plaintiffs’ Opposition to the Motion for a Stay Pending Appeal in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. On September 13, Plaintiffs filed a Sur-Reply in Opposition to Intervenor-Defendant Crossroads GPS’ Emergency Motion for a Stay Pending Appeal in the District Court.
- Crossroads GPS v. CREW (Case No. 18-5261) On September 7, the Commission filed a Response to Emergency Motion of Crossroads GPS for a Stay Pending Appeal in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. On September 10, Plaintiffs-Appellees filed an Opposition to Defendant-Appellant Crossroads GPS’ Emergency Motion for a Stay Pending Appeal. On September 12, Defendant-Appellant Crossroads GPS filed a Reply Brief Concerning its Emergency Motion for a Stay Pending Appeal and Plaintiffs-Appellees filed a Sur-Reply in Opposition to Defendant-Appellant’s Emergency Motion for a Stay Pending Appeal.
- Crossroads GPS v. CREW ( 18A274 ) On September 14, Defendant-Petitioner Crossroads GPS filed an Emergency Application to U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts for a Stay Pending Appeal.
- Libertarian National Committee v. FEC (Case No. 18-5227) On September 10, the Plaintiff-Appellant filed an Opening Brief in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. On September 10 the Commission filed a Motion to Dismiss for Lack of Subject-Matter Jurisdiction. On September 12, the Goldwater Institute and the Institute for Free Speech filed Amicus Curiae briefs in Support of the Plaintiff-Appellant.
On September 13, the United States Congress passed and sent to the President the Energy and Water, Legislative Branch, and Military Construction and Veterans Affairs Appropriations Act, 2019, which includes a provision that makes the FEC the official point of entry for all Senate filings. If signed into law, the legislation would subject Senate filers to the electronic filing requirements that have applied to all other committees since January 1, 2000. The Commission will provide additional information for filers upon enactment.
On September 13, Communications Specialist Paul Stoetzer discussed campaign finance disclosure rules and the role of the Commission with a delegation from Central and South America visiting the United States as part of the State Department’s International Visitor Leadership Program's “Transparency and Accountability in Government.”
- On October 3-4, the Commission will offer reporting and FECFile webinars for candidate, PAC, and party committees.
For more information, see the Commission’s Trainings page.
Upcoming Commission meetings and hearings
- September 25, 2018: The Commission is scheduled to meet in executive session.
- September 27, 2018: The Commission is scheduled to hold an open meeting.
Meeting dates are subject to change. Please contact the Press Office the week of the scheduled meeting for confirmation.
Upcoming reporting due dates
- September 20: September Monthly Reports are due. For more information on monthly reporting dates, refer to the 2018 Monthly Reporting page of the Commission website.
Additional research materials
Additional research materials about the agency, campaign finance information, and election results are available through the Library section of the Commission website.
Printed copies of the 2018 edition of Title 11 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) are now available. Contact the Commission's Information Division at (202) 694-1100 or (800) 424-9530 (press 6, when prompted) to order printed copies of the CFR at no charge. You may also email the Information Division to place an order at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2017 Campaign Guide for Corporations and Labor Organizations is available. Other Campaign Guides are available, as well.
The 2018 Congressional Primary Election Dates list is available.
Federal Elections 2016: Election Results for the U.S. President, the U.S. Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives is available. The data was compiled from the official vote totals published by state election offices. To order a printed copy, please contact the FEC’s Public Records Office at 800/424-9530 (option 2) or 202/694-1120, or send an email to email@example.com.
The 2017 edition of the Combined Federal State Disclosure and Election Directory is available. This publication identifies the federal and state agencies responsible for the disclosure of campaign finances, lobbying, personal finances, public financing, candidates on the ballot, election results, spending on state initiatives and other financial filings.
The FEC Record is available as a continuously updated online news source.
Join the FEC on Twitter and YouTube
Follow @FEC on Twitter to receive the latest information on agency updates, news releases, and weekly activity. Subscribe to our YouTube channel, FECTube: FECConnect on Demand, to watch instructional videos that have been designed to help candidates and committees comply with federal campaign finance laws. Note that the FEC is not currently available through other social media platforms at this time. The use of the agency’s logo, name, and likeness on other mediums has not been authorized by the FEC.