Explanations and Justifications (E&Js) conversion tables: Appendix
The Appendix lists current regulations that were previously cited at different sections of the regulations. The Appendix is designed to be used in conjunction with the Citation Index. To locate the Year and Explanation and Justification (E&J) for the earlier cite, click the supplied link to navigate to the Citation Index.
To identify the previous citations for 11 CFR 100.2:
- Go to the list on this page and locate Part 100.
- Scroll down on the appendix page for Part 100 to the line for 100.2. Follow along the row to the right column, which notes the regulation was previously cited at 100.6.
- To locate the E&J for 100.6, click the link in the right column which will take you to the Citation Index for Part 100.
- Scroll down the Citation Index to find the line that includes 100.6 to locate previous E&Js for that citation. For this example, you will find that the definition of election (now located at 100.2) was previously cited at 100.6 in 1975, and again in 1977. To review the previous E&Js for the term "election," click on the links in the "Year" column.
E&Js Appendix table of contents
Non-FECA Regulations, Parts 2-8
- Part 2: Sunshine Regulations; Meetings
- Part 4: Public Records and the Freedom of Information Act
- Part 5: Access to Public Disclosure Division Documents
- Former Part 8: National Voter Registration Act (42 USC 1973gg-1 et seq.)
General Regulations, Parts 100-116
- Part 100: Scope and Definitions
- Part 100, Subpart A: General Definitions
- Part 100, Subpart B: Definition of Contribution
- Part 100, Subpart C: Exception to Contributions
- Part 100, Subpart D: Definition of Expenditure
- Part 100, Subpart E: Exceptions to Expenditure
- Part 102: Registration, Organization and Recordkeeping by Political Committees
- Part 103: Campaign Depositories
- Part 104: Reports by Political Committees
- Part 106: Allocation of Candidate and Committee Activities
- Part 107: Presidential Nominating Convention Registration and Reports
- Part 108: Filing Copies of Reports and Statements with State Officers
- Part 109: Coordinated and Independent Expenditures
- Part 110: Contribution and Expenditure Limitations and Prohibitions
- Part 111: Compliance Procedure
- Part 112: Advisory Opinions
- Part 113: Permitted and Prohibited Uses of Campaign Accounts
- Part 114: Corporate and Labor Organization Activity
- Part 116: Debts Owed by Candidates and Political Committees
BCRA Regulations, Part 300
Presidential General Election Funding and Convention Regulations, Parts 9004-9008
- Part 9002: Definitions
- Part 9003: Eligibility for Payments
- Part 9004: Entitlement of Eligible Candidates to Payments; Use of Payments
- Part 9005: Certification by Commission
- Part 9007: Examinations and Audits; Repayments
- Part 9008: Federal Financing of Presidential Nominating Conventions
Presidential Primary Matching Fund Regulations, Parts 9032-9038
Conversion Table for 1979 and 1980 Regulations
As a result of the 1979 Amendments to the Federal Election Campaign Act, the regulations were reorganized and many citations were changed. This conversion index sorts out the changes that occurred to Parts 100-115 and 9008 as a result of those amendments. However, the table does not include those sections that were not altered by the 1979 Amendments and the resulting revisions to the regulations.
Other E&J indexes
In the Citation Index, the E&Js are indexed by citation. The citations are listed numerically, then indexed chronologically.
The Chronological Index indexes the E&Js by decade, then by the date of transmittal to Congress or publication in the Federal Register