A party committee may receive, without limit, free legal and accounting services as long as:
- The services do not directly further the election of a specific federal candidate;
- The person paying for the service is the regular employer of the individual performing the service;
- The employer does not hire additional employees to free regular employees to perform the service;
- The employer does not hire new employees to perform the service directly; and
- The committee reports the value of the service (the amount paid by the employer), as well as the name of each person who performed the service and the date the service was provided.
If an individual personally volunteers legal or accounting services without compensation, these restrictions do not apply. See “Personal services.”