Commission meetings and hearings
No open meetings or executive sessions were scheduled this week.
The Commission made public one closed case, as follows. For more information, see the case documents in the Enforcement Query System.
Mark Mackenzie for Congress and Ronald P. Geoffroy, in his official capacity as treasurer. The Commission made a final determination and assessed a civil penalty of $2,522.
- Level the Playing Field, et al. v. FEC (Case No. 1:15- 01397) On March 31, the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia issued a Memorandum Opinion and Order, denying the Plaintiffs’ motion for summary judgment and granting the Commission’s cross-motion for summary judgment. The court also denied the Plaintiffs’ motion to supplement the record.
- Cruz, et al. v. FEC (Case No. 1:19- 00908) On April 1, Plaintiffs filed a Complaint for Declaratory and Injunctive Relief in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
Rulemakings and agency procedures
REG 2018-05 Petition for Rulemaking and Notification of Availability. The Commission is accepting public comment on the petition regarding the size of letters in disclaimers through April 15, 2019. Once the comment period has concluded, the Commission will post all public comments to its website. To submit a comment, visit the Commission’s Rulemaking Comment Entry page.
On April 4-5, Chair Ellen L. Weintraub participated in the IX Latin American Democracy Forum in Mexico City, Mexico. The Forum focused on "Challenges of Politics and Democracy in the Digital Era."
Upcoming Commission meetings and hearings
- April 9: The Commission is scheduled to meet in executive session.
- April 11: The Commission is scheduled to hold an open meeting.
Meeting dates are subject to change. Please contact the Press Office the week of the scheduled meeting for confirmation.
Upcoming reporting due dates
- April 15, 2019: April Quarterly reports are due. For more information on quarterly reporting dates, refer to the 2019 Quarterly Reporting page of the Commission website.
- April 20, 2019: April Monthly reports are due. For more information on monthly reporting dates, refer to the 2019 Monthly Reporting page of the Commission website.
Upcoming educational programs
- On April 24, Commission staff will host a webinar for trade associations and their PACs.
- On May 22, Commission staff will host a webinar for political party committees.
Additional research materials
Additional research materials about the agency, campaign finance information, and election results are available through the Library section of the Commission website.
Printed copies of the 2018 edition of Title 11 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) are now available. Contact the Commission's Information Division at (202) 694-1100 or (800) 424-9530 (press 6, when prompted) to order printed copies of the CFR at no charge. You may also email the Information Division to place an order at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2017 Campaign Guide for Corporations and Labor Organizations is available. Other Campaign Guides are available, as well.
Federal Elections 2016: Election Results for the U.S. President, the U.S. Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives is available. The data was compiled from the official vote totals published by state election offices. To order a printed copy, please contact the FEC’s Public Records Office at 800/424-9530 (option 2) or 202/694-1120, or send an email to email@example.com.
The Combined Federal State Disclosure and Election Directory is available. This publication identifies the federal and state agencies responsible for the disclosure of campaign finances, lobbying, personal finances, public financing, candidates on the ballot, election results, spending on state initiatives and other financial filings.
The FEC Record is available as a continuously updated online news source.
Join the FEC on Twitter and YouTube
Follow @FEC on Twitter to receive the latest information on agency updates, news releases, and weekly activity. Subscribe to our YouTube channel, FECTube: FECConnect on Demand, to watch instructional videos that have been designed to help candidates and committees comply with federal campaign finance laws. Note that the FEC is not currently available through other social media platforms at this time. The use of the agency’s logo, name, and likeness on other media has not been authorized by the FEC.