Open government at the Federal Election Commission
The Federal Election Commission has been making campaign finance information available to the public for more than 40 years, and we continue to try to develop new forms and new information that will help people and groups understand how federal campaigns are funded. We're using this page to highlight some of those efforts and to ask you to help us determine how we can better serve your needs. There are a number of tools and methods we're using now.
We think these maps work really well for finding financial information for congressional and presidential campaigns.
Campaign finance reports
- Find and view reports for campaigns or committees
- You can also view or download any filing we've received electronically. Most PACs, parties and candidates file electronically.
Download "bulk" data for further analysis
We also have a very comprehensive set of historical and current data.
We're also working hard to make the best use of technology as we help to educate people who must comply with the law.
- We have a series of E-Learning tools available now.
- We have many resources for committee treasurers in our Help for candidates and committees and Updates sections
- All Commission meetings are listed on the site, along with agendas and minutes.
- Audio recordings of open sessions of the Commission are also available.
- EPS dismissals by fiscal year and current quarter
- Number of cases opened and closed by fiscal year and current quarter, including average days to close a matter and total civil penalties assessed
- Case closing processing statistics
Administering the presidential public funding statutes
- Monthly reports from the Department of Treasury of balance available for Presidential Election Campaign Fund
- Yearly long term budget estimates for Presidential Election Campaign Fund
- Annual reports of receipts and disposition of gifts and decorations tendered by foreign governments to federal employees, spouses, and dependents submitted by the Commission to the State Department pursuant to Public Law 95-105
- Annual reports made by the Commission pursuant to Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Management Directive 715
- Agency operations in absence of fiscal year appropriation document
As required by the Plain Writing Act of 2010, we offer a Plain Language web page that highlights the FEC's long-standing commitment to clear communications. The page also lists staff you may contact with questions or concerns about our use of plain language.
How you can help
We'd like you to help us to continue to move ahead by offering your own suggestions about additional material you'd like to see and telling us what works and what doesn't as you find information here.