Commissioner Lindenbaum was nominated by President Joseph Biden on February 3, 2022, and confirmed by the U.S. Senate on May 24, 2022.
Prior to her appointment, Commissioner Lindenbaum was a partner at Sandler Reiff Lamb Rosenstein & Birkenstock, P.C. (Sandler Reiff) where she advised candidates, political committees, and organizations on a wide range of laws and regulations, including complying with state and federal campaign finance and election laws. She served as outside general counsel for several organizations and worked with directors, boards, and staff on general business matters, structuring their programs, and navigating the complex legal and compliance landscape.
Before joining Sandler Reiff, Commissioner Lindenbaum was an associate counsel in the Voting Rights Project at the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, where she focused on election law and voting rights.
Commissioner Lindenbaum received her B.S. from Northeastern University and her J.D. from the George Washington University Law School. She was named a 2019, 2020, and 2021 Rising Star in the District of Columbia edition of Super Lawyers.
Statements and opinions
- MUR 7874, Patriots for America, et al., March 14, 2023
- MUR 7760, Hickenlooper for Colorado, et al., March 1, 2023
- MUR 7585/7588, Lori Trahan, et al., February 22, 2023
- MUR 7495, Common Defense Action Fund, et al., January 17, 2023
- MUR 7936, Greene for Congress, et al., November 3, 2022
- MUR 7774, Antone for Congress and Dennis Melton as treasurer, Antone Melton-Meaux, West Coast Public Affairs, North Superior Consulting LLC, and Canal Partners Media, LLC, September 23, 2022