Commission meetings and hearings
No Commission open meetings or executive sessions were scheduled this week.
- Center for Public Integrity v. FEC (Case 1:17-cv-01162-CRC). On September 28, the Plaintiff filed a Cross-Motion for Summary Judgment and Opposition to Commission's Motion for Summary Judgment in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
- CREW v. FEC (Case 1:16-cv-02255-CRC). On September 26, the Plaintiffs filed a Cross-Motion for Summary Judgment in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
- Takala v. FEC (Case 1:17-cv-01715-BAH). On September 27, the Commission filed its Answer in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
On September 27 and 28, Senior Communications Specialist Kathy Carothers and Communications Specialists Isaac Baker met with American University students to discuss the role and work of the Commission as well as recent developments in campaign finance law.
- On September 29, the Commission issued the Statistical Summary of 6-Month Campaign Activity of the 2017-2018 Election Cycle.
Upcoming Commission meetings and hearings
- October 11 and 12: The Commission is scheduled to hold an executive session. Meeting dates are subject to change. Please contact the Press Office the week of the scheduled meeting for confirmation.
Upcoming educational programs
- October 4: October Quarterly Webinar for Candidates and their Committees. Additional information is available on the Educational Outreach page of the Commission website.
- October 4: FECFile Webinar for Candidates and their Committees. Additional information is available on the Educational Outreach page of the Commission website.
- November 14-15: Washington, DC Regional Conference for candidates, parties and separate segregated funds. Additional information is available on the Educational Outreach page of the Commission website.
Upcoming reporting due dates
- October 15: October Quarterly Reports are due. For information on quarterly reporting dates, refer to the 2017 Quarterly Reporting page of the Commission website.
- October 20: October Monthly Reports are due. For more information on monthly reporting dates, refer to the 2017 Monthly Reporting page of the Commission website.
Additional research materials
The Official 2016 Presidential General Election Results are available in the Library section of the website. This listing was compiled from the official vote totals published by state election offices.
Additional research materials about the agency, campaign finance information, and election results are available through the Library section of the Commission website.
The 2017 edition of the Combined Federal State Disclosure and Election Directory is available on the new Commission website. This publication identifies the federal and state agencies responsible for the disclosure of campaign finances, lobbying, personal finances, public financing, candidates on the ballot, election results, spending on state initiatives and other financial filings.
The FEC Record is available as a continuously updated online news source.
Join the FEC on Twitter and YouTube
Follow @FEC on Twitter to receive the latest information on agency updates, news releases, and weekly activity. Subscribe to our YouTube channel, FECTube: FECConnect on Demand, to watch instructional videos that have been designed to help candidates and committees comply with federal campaign finance laws. Note that the FEC is not currently available through other social media platforms at this time. The use of the agency’s logo, name, and likeness on other mediums has not been authorized by the FEC.