Commission meetings and hearings
No Commission open meetings or executive sessions were scheduled this week.
The Commission made public one closed case, as follows. For more information, see the case documents in the Enforcement Query System.
- COMPLAINANT: FEC-Initiated
- RESPONDENT: Kansas Democratic Party and Bill Hutton, in his official capacity as treasurer (the Committee)
- SUBJECT: In the normal course of carrying out its supervisory responsibilities, the Commission initiated proceedings to determine whether there was reason to believe the Committee misstated financial activity in 2012 and failed to maintain monthly payroll logs in 2011 and 2012.
- DISPOSITION: The Commission entered into a conciliation agreement providing for the Committee to pay a civil penalty of $19,000.
- Campaign Legal Center, et al. v. FEC (Case 1:16-CV-00752-TNM). On October 27, the Intervenor-Defendants filed a Reply Memorandum in Support of Their Cross-Motion for Summary Judgment in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
- Center for Public Integrity v. FEC (Case 1:17-cv-01162-CRC). On November 2, the Plaintiff filed a Reply in Support of its Cross-Motion for Summary Judgment in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
On November 1 and 2, Commissioner Ellen L. Weintraub spoke with students at Duke University, North Carolina Central University, the University of North Carolina and Davidson College about the role and work of the Commission, as well as recent developments in campaign finance law.
Upcoming Commission meetings and hearings
- November 7: The Commission is scheduled to hold an executive session.
- November 8: The Commission is scheduled to hold an open meeting and executive session.
Meeting dates are subject to change. Please contact the Press Office the week of the scheduled meeting for confirmation.
Upcoming educational programs
- November 14-15: Washington, DC Regional Conference for candidates, parties and separate segregated funds. Additional information is available on the Educational Outreach page of the Commission website.
- December 6: Nonconnected PAC Webinar. Additional information is available on the Educational Outreach page of the Commission website.
Upcoming reporting due dates
- November 20: November Monthly Reports are due. For more information on monthly reporting dates, refer to the 2017 Monthly Reporting page of the Commission website.
- December 20: December Monthly Reports are due. For more information on monthly reporting dates, refer to the 2017 Monthly Reporting page of the Commission website.
Additional research materials
The Official 2016 Presidential General Election Results are available in the Library section of the website. This listing was compiled from the official vote totals published by state election offices.
Additional research materials about the agency, campaign finance information, and election results are available through the Library section of the Commission website.
The 2017 edition of the Combined Federal State Disclosure and Election Directory is available on the new Commission website. This publication identifies the federal and state agencies responsible for the disclosure of campaign finances, lobbying, personal finances, public financing, candidates on the ballot, election results, spending on state initiatives and other financial filings.
The FEC Record is available as a continuously updated online news source.
Join the FEC on Twitter and YouTube
Follow @FEC on Twitter to receive the latest information on agency updates, news releases, and weekly activity. Subscribe to our YouTube channel, FECTube: FECConnect on Demand, to watch instructional videos that have been designed to help candidates and committees comply with federal campaign finance laws. Note that the FEC is not currently available through other social media platforms at this time. The use of the agency’s logo, name, and likeness on other mediums has not been authorized by the FEC.