Commission meetings and hearings
No Commission open meetings or executive sessions were scheduled this week.
The Commission made public two closed cases, as follows. For more information, see the case documents in the Enforcement Query System.
- COMPLAINANT: Martin A. Lamb
- RESPONDENTS: Shiva Ayyadurai; and Shiva 4 Senate and Kate Lind, in her official capacity as treasurer (the Committee)
- SUBJECT: The complaint alleged that Ayyadurai and the Committee failed to file a disclosure report with the Commission and to include disclaimers on a campaign flyer, campaign emails and a campaign website. Ayyadurai is a 2018 candidate for Massachusetts’s United States Senate seat.
- DISPOSITION: The Commission found no reason to believe the Committee failed to file a disclosure report because there was no information indicating the Committee was required to file the report at issue. The Commission exercised its prosecutorial discretion and dismissed the allegation concerning inadequate disclaimers in consideration of Commission priorities. The Commission observed that the Committee took corrective measures in connection with the disclaimers and that the violations were de minimis.
- COMPLAINANT: Steve A. Caruso
- RESPONDENTS: Scott Jones; Sheriff Scott Jones for Congress and David Bauer, in his official capacity as treasurer (the Committee); and NRCC and Keith A. Davis, in his official capacity as treasurer
- SUBJECT: The complaint alleged that Jones and the Committee accepted an excessive, in-kind contribution when the NRCC republished campaign materials by using “B-roll” video footage purportedly provided by the Committee. Jones was a 2016 candidate for California’s 7th Congressional District.
- DISPOSITION: The Commission closed the file.
Rulemaking and agency procedures
REG 2011-02: Internet Communication Disclaimers. The Commission has published on its website comments from more than 50,000 commenters and signatories. The Commission will continue to publish comments on a rolling basis as they are reviewed.
Upcoming Commission meetings and hearings
- December 5: The Commission is scheduled to hold an executive session.
- December 7: The Commission is scheduled to hold an open meeting and executive session.
Meeting dates are subject to change. Please contact the Press Office the week of the scheduled meeting for confirmation.
Upcoming educational programs
- December 6: Nonconnected PAC Webinar. Additional information is available on the Educational Outreach page of the Commission website.
Upcoming reporting due dates
- December 20: December Monthly Reports are due. For more information on monthly reporting dates, refer to the 2017 Monthly Reporting page of the Commission website.
Additional research materials
The Official 2016 Presidential General Election Results are available in the Library section of the website. This listing was compiled from the official vote totals published by state election offices.
Additional research materials about the agency, campaign finance information, and election results are available through the Library section of the Commission website.
The 2017 edition of the Combined Federal State Disclosure and Election Directory is available on the new Commission website. This publication identifies the federal and state agencies responsible for the disclosure of campaign finances, lobbying, personal finances, public financing, candidates on the ballot, election results, spending on state initiatives and other financial filings.
The FEC Record is available as a continuously updated online news source.
Join the FEC on Twitter and YouTube
Follow @FEC on Twitter to receive the latest information on agency updates, news releases, and weekly activity. Subscribe to our YouTube channel, FECTube: FECConnect on Demand, to watch instructional videos that have been designed to help candidates and committees comply with federal campaign finance laws. Note that the FEC is not currently available through other social media platforms at this time. The use of the agency’s logo, name, and likeness on other mediums has not been authorized by the FEC.