skip navigation
  • Tips for Treasurers

Paying a nonconnected PAC's administrative expenses

July 27, 2015

A nonconnected PAC may use the money it raises for any lawful purpose consistent with the Act and FEC regulations, including paying the PAC's administrative expenses. See Advisory Opinions 1991-21 and 1985-34. Generally, anything of value given to a nonconnected PAC — including the in-kind payment of administrative expenses by a sponsoring organization or other donor — is considered a contribution, unless it fits into an exemption (for example, an individual volunteering their personal services to the PAC).