Louisiana has scheduled special elections to fill the U.S. House of Representatives seats in the 2nd and 5th Congressional Districts, left vacant by the resignation of Representative Cedric L. Richmond and the passing of the late Representative-elect Luke J. Letlow, respectively. The Special General Elections will be held on March 20, 2021, and the Special Runoff Elections, if necessary, will be held on April 24, 2021.
Participating candidates must file additional reports in connection with these elections. PACs and party committees not filing monthly must also file additional reports if they make previously undisclosed contributions or expenditures in connection with the special elections. The complete list of deadlines and related filing information is available on the Dates and deadlines page. PACs and party committees that file monthly should continue to file according to their regular filing schedule.
- Louisiana 2nd district special election prior notice
- Louisiana 5th district special election prior notice
- Dates and deadlines
- Louisiana 2nd district special election compliance page
- Louisiana 5th district special election compliance page
- Federal Register notice (2nd district)
- Federal Register notice (5th district)