December 16, 2009 Public Hearing on Definition of Federal Election Activity Rulemaking (2009)
The Commission considers new regulations and other public matters at public hearings. Members of the public can attend public hearings in person. Public hearings are also streamed live online. To attend in person, please bring a photo ID and be prepared to go through a security check. After security, attendees are escorted to the Commission's hearing room.
The Commission held a public hearing on December 16, 2009, to receive testimony regarding its proposed rules on the definition of federal election activity.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009 | 09:30 AM
Wednesday, December 16, 2009 | 9:30 AM
9:30 a.m. - 9:45 a.m. Opening Remarks
9:45 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. First Panel – [Audio of panel 1]
- Karl Sandstrom, on behalf of the Association of State Democratic Chairs
- Paul S. Ryan, on behalf of the Campaign Legal Center
- Brian Svoboda, on behalf of the Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee
11:15 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. Second Panel – [Audio of panel 2]
- Neil P. Reiff and Joseph E. Sandler,Sandler, Reiff and Young, P.C.
- Ron Nehring and Joseph Phillippe, on behalf of the Republican State Chairmen's Committee of the RNC and the California Republican Party