On February 16, 2007, the Commission approved rulemaking priorities for 2007. The priorities include:
- Implementing any changes or additions to the rules necessary as a result of Congressional action;
- Explaining how to allocate expenses for advertisements that include both a federal candidate and a generic party reference;
- Conforming the Commission’s ethics regulations with governmentwide ethics rules;
- Finalizing the policy statement and regulation regarding a treasurer’s best efforts in the Administrative Fines Program (see January 2007 Record, page 6);
- Addressing the federal election activity exemption for nonfederal election activities that expires September 1, 2007;
- Finalizing the Millionaires’ Amendment interim rules at 11 CFR 400;
- Finalizing policy or implement regulations regarding the disclosing of materials at the close of an enforcement matter (see August 2003 Record, page 1); and
- Conforming the personal use regulations to the revised statute at 2 U.S.C. 439a.
The full list of priorities is available on the FEC’s web site at http://transition.fec.gov/agenda/2007/mtgdoc07-10.pdf.