The Patriots Foundation v. FEC
On August 13, 2020, The Patriots Foundation (“plaintiff”) filed suit against the FEC in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia alleging that the Commission failed to act in a timely manner on its administrative complaint. Plaintiff seeks injunctive and declaratory relief under the Federal Election Campaign Act ("the Act").
According to the court complaint, on April 8, 2020, the plaintiff filed an administrative complaint with the Commission alleging that Media Matters for America, American Bridge 21st Century Foundation, American Bridge 21st Century PAC, Correct the Record PAC and David Brock violated the Act by coordinating activity on independent expenditures thereby resulting in prohibited in-kind contributions.
The plaintiff requests that the court declare that the FEC has acted contrary to law by failing to act on the administrative complaint, and that the court order the FEC to conform with that declaration within 30 days.
Source: FEC Record — August 2020
District Court (DC)
Clerk's Entry of Default (07/20/2021)
- Plaintiff’s Reply in Support of Motion for Default Judgment (08/10/2021)
- Reply Brief in Support of Defendant-Intervenors’ Motion for Judgment on the Pleadings (08/10/2021)
- Plaintiff’s Memorandum of Points and Authorities in Opposition to Defendant-Intervenors’ Motion for Judgment on the Pleadings. (08/03/2021)
- Defendant-Intervenors’ Memorandum of Points and Authorities in Opposition to Plaintiff’s Motion for Default Judgment against FEC. (08/03/2021)
- Memorandum of Points and Authorities in Support of Defendant-Intervenors’ Motion for Judgment on the Pleadings (07/20/2021)
- Plaintiff’s Motion for Default Judgment against Defendant (07/20/2021)
- Intervenors' Answer to Plaintiff's Complaint (10/28/2020)
- Complaint for Declaratory and Injunctive Relief (08/13/2020)