The Commission maintains a database of individuals who have made contributions to political committees. For 1977 to 1988, contributions of $500 or more were entered. For 1989 to the present, contributions of $200 or more are included. Data on individual contributors includes the following:
- Occupation or Employer
- Date of transaction
- Amount of contribution
- Name of committee disclosing the contribution
The following are examples of the various types of contributor searches that may be conducted:
- Search an individual contributor by their last and/or first name.
- Search an individual contributor by their employer or occupation.
- Search an individual contributor by their city, state and/or zip code.
- Search by the date of the contribution or by the amount of the contribution.
- Search for a contribution by the committee receiving the contribution.
Individual contributor searches may be performed using one more more filters to narrow the actual search. Example: All contributions to a particular committee on a specific date or all contributions to a candidate's committee from contributors who list the same employer.
For assistance, contact the Public Records Office
202/694-1120 or 1/800-424-9530 (option 2)