skip navigation

Unpayable debts owed by nonconnected PACs

If a debt cannot be paid because the creditor has gone out of business or cannot be located, the committee may write to the FEC to request permission to discontinue reporting the debt. The letter must demonstrate that the debt is at least two years old and that efforts to reach the creditor have been made. The committee must continue to report the debt until the Commission determines that the debt is unpayable.