MUR #7825Facebook, Inc.
RESPONDENT: Facebook, Inc.
COMPLAINANTS: Liberty Counsel Action, Inc.; Staver, Anita L.
SUBJECT: Contributions; Contributions-Excessive; Disclaimer; Reporting
DISPOSITION: The Commission decided by a vote of 6-0 to:
1. Find no reason to believe that Facebook, Inc., violated 52 U.S.C. §§ 30116(a), 30118(a) by making excessive or prohibited in-kind corporate contributions.
2. Find no reason to believe that Facebook, Inc., violated 52 U.S.C. §§ 30104(c)(1), 30120(a) by failing to report or provide required disclaimers on independent expenditures.
3. Find no reason to believe that Biden for President and Andrea Wise in her official capacity as treasurer violated 52 U.S.C. §§ 30116(f), 30118(a) by knowingly accepting or receiving prohibited corporate or excessive contributions.
4. Find no reason to believe that Agence France-Presse violated 52 U.S.C. § 30121 by making prohibited foreign national contributions.
5. Approve the appropriate letters.
The Commission decided by a vote of 4-2 to: 1. Approve the Factual and Legal Analysis, as recommended in the First General Counsel’s Report dated July 8, 2021, as last circulated by Vice Chair Dickerson’s Office on August 10, 2021 at 2:52 p.m. 2. Close the file.
|No RTB||Facebook, Inc.||
52 U.S.C. §30116(a)
52 U.S.C. §30118(a)
52 U.S.C. §30120(a)
|Complaint, Responses, Designation of Counsel and Extensions of Time||12/11/2020||Response from Facebook, Inc. 907 KB|
|10/30/2020||Grant of Extension of Time to Facebook, Inc. 628 KB|
|10/29/2020||Request for Extension of Time from Facebook, Inc. 1 MB|
|10/27/2020||Notification of Complaint to Facebook, Inc. 635 KB|
|10/21/2020||Complaint 2 MB|
|General Counsel Reports, Briefs, Notifications and Responses||08/18/2021||Notification with Factual and Legal Analysis to Facebook, Inc. 1 MB|
|08/18/2021||Notification to Liberty Counsel Action, Inc. 778 KB|
|07/08/2021||First General Counsel's Report 1 MB|
|Certifications||08/10/2021||Facebook, Inc.; Biden for President and Andrea Wise in her official capacity as treasurer; Agence France-Presse 703 KB|
|Statement of Reasons||10/13/2021||Vice Chair Allen Dickerson and Commissioner James E. "Trey" Trainor, III 670 KB|
|09/14/2021||Commissioner Sean J. Cooksey 689 KB|
|Primary respondent||Facebook, Inc.|
|Complainant||Liberty Counsel Action, Inc.|
|Staver, Anita L.|