Federal Campaign Finance Laws
The FEC administers and enforces provisions of the Federal Election Campaign
Act, Presidential Election Campaign Fund Act and Presidential Primary Matching
Payment Account Act. This page provides access not only to those statutes,
but also to other documents relevant to federal campaign finance legislation:
Sign-up to receive e-mail updates regarding the federal campaign finance law.
The PDF files on this web site may be viewed or printed using Adobe Reader
available for free from Adobe.
- FECA and Amendment Legislative Histories
- Gabriella Miller Kids First Research Act, H.R. 2019, Pub. Law No. 113-94, revised 26 U.S.C. §9008 to eliminate taxpayer financing of political party conventions and reprogram savings to provide for a 10-year pediatric research initiative.
- H.R. 3487, Pub. Law No. 113-72, revised 2 U.S.C. §434 to extend through 2018 the authority of the FEC to impose civil monetary penalties on the basis of a schedule of penalties established and published by the Commission, to expand such authority to certain other violations and for other purposes.
- H.R. 6296, Pub. Law No. 110-433, revised 2 U.S.C. §434 to extend the sunset date of the administrative fines program to include reporting periods that begin on or after 1/1/2000 and that end on or before 12/31/2013.
- Section 721 of the 2006 Appropriations Act, Pub. Law No. 109-115, revised 2 U.S.C. §434 to extend the sunset date of the administrative fines program to include most reports that cover activity between 7/14/2000 and 12/31/2008.
Legislative Recommendations from Previous Years*
* The Commission did not submit legislative recommendations in 2006, 2008 or 2010.
Other Election-Related Items