FEC OPEN MEETING THURSDAY FEBRUARY 22
The Federal Election Commission will meet in open session at 10.00 a.m. on Thursday, February 22, 2007. The Commission will consider regulatory priorities for the year ahead and determine meeting dates for the coming months.
A draft of the regulatory priority list can be found at http://www.fec.gov/agenda/2007/mtgdoc07-10.pdf. It contains a number of issues, including:
- Implement Congressional Changes – Implement any changes or additions to the regulations as required by Congressional action (e.g., reimbursement rules for travel on private aircraft).
- Hybrid Ads – Address allocation of expenses for advertisements that refer to a federal candidate and include a generic party reference.
- Ethics – Revise and update the Commission’s ethics regulations to conform with revised government-wide ethics regulations.
- Best Efforts Policy Statement – Finalize the best efforts policy statement.
- FEA Interim Rules – Address the exemption for certain non-Federal election activities, due to expire September 1, 2007.
- Millionaires Amendment – Finalize interim rules at 11 CFR 400.
- Address AFL-CIO v. FEC disclosure policy – Finalize policy or implement regulations regarding the disclosure of materials at the close of enforcement matters.
- Best Efforts in Administrative Fines – Finalize regulation regarding best efforts in the Administrative Fines program.
- Personal Use Conforming Changes – Conform the personal use regulations to the revised personal use statutory provisions at 2 U.S.C. 439a.
The meeting will be held at 10 a.m. in the 9th floor hearing room at the Commission's offices at 999 E Street N.W. in Washington.