News Releases, Media Advisories
|For Immediate Release
May 15, 2002
FEC SENDS 23 LEGISLATIVE RECOMMENDATIONS
TO PRESIDENT AND CONGRESS
WASHINGTON The Federal Election Commission (FEC) has transmitted 23
recommendations to Congress and the President for legislative action in the area of
campaign finance law, as required annually under 2 U.S.C. §438(a)(9).
This years recommendations some new and some revisions of those proposed
in previous years involve a variety of issues, including:
- mandatory electronic filing of Senate reports,
- Commission as sole point of entry for disclosure documents,
- state expenditure limits for publicly financed presidential primary campaigns,
- epayment of primary election funds,
- duties of FECs Office of Election Administration and its advisory panel,
- increasing registration and reporting thresholds for unauthorized committees, local
party committees and independent expenditure filers,
- averting impending shortfall in Presidential Public Funding Program.
The full text of the recommendations can be accessed on the FECs website, www.fec.gov, under Legal Documents within the Campaign Finance Law Resources menu.
# # #