FEC DISPATCHES ADDITIONAL 32 LEGISLATIVE
TO PRESIDENT, CONGRESS FOR THEIR CONSIDERATION
WASHINGTON The Federal Election Commission (FEC) has sent 32 recommendations to
Congress and the President for legislative action in the area of campaign finance law, as
required under 2 U.S.C. §438(a)(9).
These 32 are in addition to the two priority proposals the FEC dispatched on
February 22 (see news release February 23) concerning election administration and the
Commissions Administrative Fine Program for reporting violations.
The latest recommendations some new and some revisions of those proposed in
previous yearsinvolve a variety of issues, including:
- contributions by foreign nationals,
- referral of criminal violations,
- FEC authority to initiate and conduct litigation at the Supreme Court on matters arising
under the Federal Election Campaign Act,
- audits for cause,
- averting impending shortfall in the Presidential Public Funding Program,
- fundraising limitation for publicly financed Presidential primary campaigns.
Full text of the recommendations can be found on the FECs Website (www.fec.gov)
by clicking on Campaign Finance Law Resources and going to Legal Documents. Paper copies may be
obtained through the FEC Press Office, Public Information Office, and Public Records
# # #