On August 24, 2005, the Commission issued a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking on Electioneering Communications. Comments received in response to that notice appear below. For more information on this rulemaking visit our Rulemakings page.
These documents are in PDF format which requires the free Acrobat Reader available from Adobe Systems.
Received via Mail or Facsimile:
- Alliance for Justice
- American Cancer Society
- The Arc of Montgomery County (PA)
- Citizens United
- Internal Revenue Service (Exempt Organizations Branch)
Received via E-Mail:
- Robert F. Bauer of Perkins & Coie
- California Association of Nonprofits (and 63 other nonprofit organizations nationwide)
- Campaign Legal Center, Democracy 21 and the Center for Responsive Politics
- Center for Lobbying in the Public Interest
- Free Speech Coalition, Inc. and the Free Speech Defense and Education Funds, Inc.
- Frances R. Hill of the University of Miami School of Law
- Harmon, Curran, Spielberg and Eisenberg LLP
- Independent Sector
- National Association of Broadcasters
- OMB Watch